A house in Newburyport was severely broken Thursday night time when a hearth began close to a Christmas tree.
Newburyport police noticed the fireplace at 23 H St., a one-story residence on Plum Island, at round 6:50 p.m. Thursday, in accordance with a launch from Newburyport Hearth Chief Stephen Bradbury.
newburyport-plum-island-fire from John Guilfoil Public Relations on Vimeo.
Flames had been seen coming from close to a Christmas tree. The hearth was knocked down as firefighters labored by wet and windy situations.
A resident and her canine safely escaped the house. The constructing was considerably broken by smoke and warmth, with the fireplace concentrated in the lounge.
Bradbury provided the next suggestions concerning Christmas tree security:
- Tree lights shouldn’t be plugged into an extension twine. Plug lights right into a wall outlet.
- Householders ought to water their tree as soon as a day. Watering the tree much less often will result in it drying out.
- If the tree is dry, take away it from the house.
Keep updated on all the newest information from Boston.com